The Colombian Coffee Growers’ Federation (FNC) was founded in 1927. This non for profit organization represents more than 500 thousand coffee growing families whose average plantation size is 1.6 ha. Thus, our work as a non for profit organization revolves around the coffee growers and their families, ensuring Colombian Coffee is grown in a sustainable manner, strengthening common interests within coffee-growing communities while positioning Colombian Coffee as a high quality product.
Working in sustainability also includes research and development , technical assistance, development of quality practices and implementing a purchase guarantee to ensure transparent prices for the grower among others.
These and many other programs are part of the FNC’s www.SustainabilityThatMatters.org programs
Additionally, in our effort to ensure the growers a higher income for their coffee, we develop communication and promotion efforts to share with different audiences what’s behind Colombian Coffee. The Colombian Coffee Hub is part of these initiatives and responds to the need to establish a direct link with coffee professionals (i.e. baristas, roasters, traders, coffee growers, etc) in order to share in depth coffee knowledge acquired by FNC throughout its history, direct from the source.
We are confident that the CCH will open spaces for discussion and will foster the creation of new knowledge around coffee and the people that participate in its value chain: from the grower to the barista and ultimately the consumer.
If you wish to learn more about the FNC and Colombian Coffee, please visit www.cafedecolombia.com
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
The following are the types of information we may collect:
Information You Provide Us In the course of using the Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or fax number; unique identifiers, such as your user ID, or user password; demographic information, such as your date of birth or age.
Website Usage Information We may receive and store certain types of internet usage information whenever you visit the Website, such as your click-stream data and your IP address. See "IP Addresses and Click Stream Data" section below.
Email Communications When you open emails from us, we may receive a confirmation notifying us that you opened the email, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also may keep track of what emails we send you and what emails you may be receiving from our subsidiaries and affiliates. Additionally, we keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt-out of receiving such emails, please click on the "unsubscribe" link in the email and follow the instructions.
Information from Other Sources We may receive information about you (e.g., missing street number) from other sources and add it to your personal information.
2. HOW INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Website, including but not limited to those described below:
Registration You may be asked to complete a registration form and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features the Website may choose to offer, such as newsletters or contests. Your decision to register is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to us and what communications you would like to receive; however, please be advised that many products and services available on the Website require registration and if you elect not to provide such information, you will not be able to take advantage of those products and services.
Contests or Sweepstakes We periodically operate contests and sweepstakes through the Website that will require registration or the submission of personal information. Your personally identifiable information may be used to contact you for winner notification, prize delivery confirmation or other related purposes (see the rules of each contest for details about how your personal information will be used, including postings to the Website).
Surveys or Voting From time-to-time we may request personally identifiable information from you in conjunction with a survey or voting poll. Participation is voluntary, and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to the Website. At times, you may have to register to vote or to take part in a survey.
Flash LSOs We use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technology The Website uses a variety of technical methods for tracking purposes, including Web beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of web sites. We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns on the Website, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Website. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. We also use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is personally identifiable.
IP Addresses and Click-Stream Data We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data. An IP address is a number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider), your company, or your university. Standing alone, your IP address is not personally identifiable. At times, we also use IP addresses for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors, for example regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of the Website. We may combine this information with personally identifiable information we obtain from you directly on the Website or any other of our other websites, or from third parties.
Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request pages from the Website. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analyzed, this data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Website, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We own the information collected on or through the Website. As applicable, the information you provide to us may be used to:
- contact you about the Website;
- provide you with services or information you have requested or products or services you have ordered, such as subscription plans or other products and services
- contact you relating to your membership status;
- confirm or fulfill an order you have made;
- inform you of a prize you may have won;
- monitor or improve the use of the Website;
- customize the advertising and content you see;
- monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the Website; and
- send you promotional material or special offers on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
4. WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
At times, as described below, we may share your personal information with others for various purposes:
- Agents: We employ other businesses, (E.G.: Proximity Colombia S.A) certain services and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, providing the Subscription Products, sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, Website analysis, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, , and providing customer service. They may have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but may not use or disclose it for other purposes, like sending you marketing offers about their products.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographics and Website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations. When this type of information is shared, the other parties do not have access to your personally identifiable information.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your information (including, without limitation, personally identifiable information) with all members of the Colombian Coffee Hub Family, including, without limitation, our subsidiaries and affiliates (e.g., Café de Colombia, Federación Nacional de Cafeteros de Colombia).
- Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: We may use a third-party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on the Website or may use a traffic measurement service to analyze the traffic on the Website. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to this Website and other websites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or websites you might be interested in. Audience and Traffic Measurement Services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavior information from the Website by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. Although advertisers or other companies do not have access to the Website cookies, the Website's advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser. Cookies allow third-party advertisers to show you advertisements or content you might be interested in. Note that any images (or any other parts of a web page) served by third parties in association with third-party cookies may serve as web beacons, which enable third parties to carry out the previously described activities. Other companies' uses of their cookies are subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
- Administrative or Legal Process: We or others may disclose your personal information to third parties without notice to you in order to comply with applicable law, law enforcement agencies, to protect our or third parties' rights, or to protect the rights of other users of the Website.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect and we have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Your personally identifiable information is transferred to our computers utilizing encryption software. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.
7. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND MESSAGE BOARDS
The Website and the Colombian Coffee Hub may make chat rooms, forums, commenting and message boards available to you and other users. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas but you may choose to do so. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
9. NO INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER AGE 18.
If you are under age 18, please do not attempt to register for Colombian Coffee Hub or provide any personal information about yourself to us. Please be aware that the Website is not intended or designed for the use of children under the age of 18. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we suspect to be a child under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
11. CORRECTING/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your email address or zip code), or if you no longer desire to have access to the Website, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to us.